- We believe in the Triune God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, the Word of God incarnate.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the written and inspired Word of God and the authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith, and life.
- We are a welcoming community where all people are embraced with the love of Christ.
- We are a community of faith who together believe, teach, and proclaim that the Word of God reveals his loving mercy through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ — trusting in Christ, God forgives you and declares you righteous, and you are!
- We believe that the church is a people created by God in Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, called and sent to bear witness to God’s creative, redeeming, and sanctifying activity in the world.
- We are a church that believes God is calling us into the world — together. We work through our congregations, synods and partners, and the ELCA churchwide ministries. Together, we achieve things on a scale and scope that we could never do alone.
- We are a church that is deeply rooted — and always being made new. Our roots are in Scripture, tradition and the Lutheran Confessions, as well as in the rich histories of our congregations. These roots are an ongoing source of nourishment; they enable us to be a church guided by the Holy Spirit that is both resilient and always being reformed.
Worship: our authentic response to the living God
Word: the Bible is the inspired Word of God and through God’s Word our sinful nature is crucified and we are made alive in Christ
Sacraments: the means by which God gives forgiveness, new life, and salvation
Witness: we represent Christ wherever we go
Prayer: a dynamic, ongoing and life-changing conversation with the living God
People: all people matter to God and therefore matter to us
Families: the primary place God nurtures the faith of each generation — supported each step of the way by the church